To start with, I am going to provide an overview of some of the attributes of leadership. To be a leader, simply put, you have to have followers. While many authors write massive tomes on leadership, few of them have any followers to speak of. Those that lead, seldom transcribe their style, making this a harder skill to acquire than what you may think.
Here are the attributes .
- Leadership requires an inexhaustible supply of patience.
- Leadership requires vision. Without vision, my people perish.
- You have to be able to communicate that vision.
- Inspiration - not only to inspire yourself, but the ability to inspire others.
- Stamina - leadership is a marathon, not a sprint.
- Tenacity - believe me, if its worth accomplishing, its going to take time. Think in terms of years, decades even.
- Love - the ability to love yourself and others even during rejection and persecution.
- Service - leadership is first and foremost a service to others.
- Who is your source of inspiration?
- Energy - boundless energy levels.
- Enthusiasm - people follow enthusiastic leaders.
- A gift to teach. You teach the vision.
- Boldness. This goes without saying, but timid leadership is an oxymoron.
- Pioneering spirit.
I will elaborate on this in an upcoming article, but this is just a teaser.
Have a great day. Lead with boldness and love. Serve those who follow you with compassion and empathy. Do not give up, do not give in. make the vision plain, and run towards it with all love and enthusiasm in you. Rest often. Take care of your family and love them first. Above all, be inspired by Christ's leadership style.